What you put on your plate might affect what you see in the mirror. But a few tweaks to your dining habits can go a long way to keeping your skin youthful and your body healthy.
Poor quality foods, like trans fats, cause inflammation- and aging is a chronic inflammatory state. Eating too much sugar and processed carbohydrates(pasta and unbaked goods) can lead to damage to your skin’s collagen, which maintains your skin’s elasticity and resists wrinkles.
Foods to avoid
1. Doughnuts and sugary pastries – they’re packed with sugar, which may be linked to the development of wrinkles.
2. Fatty meats- these are also high in saturated fats. The key with meat is to keep it lean. Ground turkey and chicken breast are other lean options.
3. Alcohol- moderate drinking may be good for your heart, but heavy drinking can fasten up the aging process.
Foods to consider –
Try eating more of these foods-
- Romaine lettuce(high in vitamin A and C),
- Tomatoes(rich in nutrients),
- salmon(high in omega-3),
- lentils and beans( rich in fiber and nutrients),
- Oatmeal(Vitamin B).